In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Wrong Interpretation

Too many people believe diversity in the workforce is necessary. Why? Because they're led to buy what the word merchants are selling. Diversity is not synonymous with skill, and regardless of what any politician, or bureaucrat tells you, demanding diversity doesn't always have good results.

This attorney found the goal of diversity led to dangerous conditions for air travelers.  His law suit contends the diversity choices of those hiring air traffic controllers imperiled those that travel by air. If I had to guess, I'd say he's right. Diversity in all other aspects of hiring have led to incompetence at an unconscionable level.

I hope the suit reveals, and punishes, the attitude that diversity is more important than qualifications. While the safety aspect is more demanding of solutions than other reasons, those that deal with the incompetence of diversity at other levels have serious problems too. Incompetent representatives of government entities, or private institutions, can bankrupt, or destroy lives.

Until the ridiculous idea that more diversity is more necessary than ability is ended, the failure of schools to educate will continue, businesses will suffer, and all government entities will continue to be abysmal failures. There will be no excellence when mediocrity due to some cosmetic reason is more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment