In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, October 8, 2023

First Taste of Fall

 Autumn is slow to arrive in my neck of the woods. This morning, we were down to 48 degrees and the high temperature was in the mid 70's. Two weeks ago the temperature was reaching 100 and no end of the hot weather was in sight. We probably won't get a frost until November, and some years the coldest temperatures are in early December. We'll see how this year will be, but the cooler weather is a relief.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Weather folks are predicting we'll have a cold, damp Winter. I've seen them. The ground stays mushy, the few clear days are respites from fog or drizzle, and Spring takes longer to appear.

      Delete