In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Saturday, October 14, 2023

You Don't See This Very Often

We weren't far from the Hill Country, where it was the total ring of fire eclipse, but we were in an area that had 85% blockage. This wasn't my first, but it was still a sight to see. The difference in light is obvious, shadows are different, and many probably never really noticed. 

We won't have another for a long, long time. I'll chalk this one up as probably my last. 

4 comments:

  1. Next one up is April 8 2024, according to the daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize that, and totality will be within 300 miles. I think I will plan to travel to that one. I can drive it in hours, not need a hotel and drive home with memories.

      Delete
  2. Overcast here. Also, it's worth the trip.
    https://wilderwealthywise.com/eclipse-game-of-thrones-chilis-restaurant/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Solar eclipses are one of those things that are fascinating, or lead to ignorant societies wanting to sacrifice a goat.

      Delete