In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Thursday, October 19, 2023

It's Easy to Explain

People aren't buying homes. They're too expensive, overpriced, the interest rate for mortgages is too high, and the economy is looking flakey. There, I've explained the problem and regardless of what some think, all the government meddling anticipated will only make it worse. That's what caused the problem. 

Do I get some kind of reward for my simple explanation? After all, people are getting paid the big bucks for long articles, graphs, and tons of BS that have the same explanation.

4 comments:

  1. Son's home in Phoenix was being surrounded by folks from California. So he decided to get out while the gettin' was good. with all the lefties moving in he sold at the top of the curve and used it to put a great down payment on a beautiful (bigger) home outside Nashville... and got a 3% interest rate on the loan.
    Now it appears he'll be in that home a while. Interest rates, inflated home values and impossible mortgage rates make it near impossible for him to sell right now.
    Good thing he's pleased with the move, huh?
    (Greybeard)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He got out before the worst of the bubble hits. We may never see such low mortgage rates again.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. To me it's obvious. To others, I don't know if they can't see it, or have their fingers crossed they'll make a good deal.

      Delete