In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

One Small Piece of Legislation

 The District of Columbia exists only because Congress created it. Just as easily, the real estate could be returned to the states, the city would be bound by the laws of each state, and the corruption protected by the legislators eliminated. It's time this happened. D.C. is run by criminals, and many need prosecution.

8 comments:

  1. It's already been done once. The congress returned the portion of the district that had been ceded by Virginia back in 1846. It could just as easily do the same for the Maryland portion. If I were from Maryland, I would probably be against this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand why. D.C. is a cesspool of human flotsam. Introducing the citizens into a state would add an undesirable amount of ignorant voters.

      Delete
  2. better to collude with putin to nuke it during the cpc meeting. just make sure to invite rand paul and a few others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right. Like a bag with one bad potato, the entire bag is rotten in a short period of time.

      Delete
  3. Agreed. Send Congress to Fargo. (Sorry, Fargo). The President to, say, NW Nebraska. Send a Department to each State. Send the Supreme Court to Fairbanks.

    Most problems solved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that; especially the Supreme Court move to Fairbanks. I have a felling that would remove some of the polish placed by Ivy League schools, or eliminate that corruption forever.

      Delete
  4. I want to see them prosecuted AND punished... with heavy emphasis on the punishment. People need to see it being done so as to dissuade the copycats too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some are traitors and that carries a heavy punishment.

      Delete