In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

This May Be a Deal Breaker

 Air conditioning components may be hard to find due to the supply chain debacle. Place "air conditioner shortage" in a search engine, and you'll find information about the shortage in 2021, which if the supply chain problem is only getting worse, may mean some uncomfortable days for many. 

That's what's needed. Angry people, a lack of air conditioning, and a mid-term election in the Fall. I have a feeling this won't go well for those that either contributed, or ignored the problem. Of course, the finger pointing will never be toward the cause. Hopefully, enough people pull their heads from the sand to understand where the problem arose.

6 comments:

  1. hell, i bought a new system last august. still can't get anybody to put it in. guess they'll be calling when they run out of equipment to install. i'm tempted to take the money i set aside for installation and enroll in a technical hvac course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a time I could buy all the things for an air conditioner, get with my brother, and install it on a weekend. Now, in Texas, you have to have a federal license to buy anything that handles, or has Freon. Even with that, you might find the local shop demands a contractor license for the components.

      In my last house, after the central unit died, I bought room air conditioners, which ended up costing less than a central unit. I did have to run a 220 circuit for one large unit, but in the end, I had the same BTU's, could isolate some rooms, and I didn't care what anyone thought about having window units in the windows. I could change anything, and didn't have to pay someone to do what I could do.

      Delete
    2. I did that at my last house. One large one in the kitchen window, then several smaller ones. Mini split a/c units are available in diy, I think many of those use R134 freon like autos do. Charging hoses and vacuum pumps are available at harbor freight.

      Delete
  2. Thank heavens mine is brand new from last year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't have any feel for last year's supply shortage. Only one member of my family had air conditioner problems and replacing the evaporator coil solved the problem. They should be good for many years, unless the don't keep their filters changed, and coils clean.

      Delete
    2. Mine was nearly 25 years old. Lost the internal coil.

      Delete