In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Thursday, February 17, 2022

Overpriced and Paying Too Much

 New cars are expensive, but too many people are keeping the prices up by paying too much for their new vehicles. I have a feeling many people will find themselves underwater, not happy with their notes, and repossessions will rise. That, or more insurance fraud. Time will tell, but the current car market is something to avoid.  

4 comments:

  1. Agreed. The lid is about to blow . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mercedes has a new commercial for pre-owned cars. All the bells-and-whistles certified, and a lifetime warranty. There must be too many used Mercedes, and I have a feeling the reason isn't because of a rush to buy new ones.

      Delete
  2. I had to buy a truck last summer when my 2001 Ranger lost it's transmission.
    The 2017 F150 with 40K I bought was priced higher than when it sold new.
    I should have fixed the Ranger. Again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My last work truck had over 200,000 miles on it, when the transmission failed. It cost $3200 to repair, was at around 280000 when I retired, and my boss sold it to of the operators working for him.

      I'd always used synthetic oil, so the engine was in good shape, the A.C. was a $1200 repair years before, and was in great shape. All in all, the cost to keep what I considered a good truck going was less than a handful of monthly notes. That, to me, was a plus for the company, and kept me in the vehicle I liked.

      Delete