In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Complaints and Deaf Ears

 A local news report is about homeowners upset about the appraised values of their property. I can only say: "Welcome to my world". Sometimes an official protest works, but taxing authorities are run by minions with canned answers. They don't care, they are paid to harass you for your money, and they have people with guns to guarantee they receive what they steal with legislation. It's just like the mafia, except they want you to believe it isn't.

3 comments:

  1. It's gonna get way worse. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The issue with taxes... especially at local levels is people want the services that come from local taxes but get mad that they have to pay those taxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Locally, too much of the money for services pays exorbitant salaries, graft, really stupid projects, and incompetency. My taxes went up the 10% allowed by law, yet trying to get drainage improved is a lesson in futility.

      Delete