In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Check the Code

 Computers require code to operate, and simple commands, such as adding a line that places data after the program determines a certain action was completed, can change an output. Otherwise, simple code could place a set vote for a candidate every 5000 votes, and it would probably never be noticed. Regardless of the vote, the computer counts the vote for the preferred candidate. 

It should be simple to examine the code in the voting computers. That, and questioning the programmers on what they programmed. Considering the simplicity of this task, I wonder if there are some programmers being grilled at this point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment