In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, February 25, 2024

First of Spring

 I noticed some trees covered with some small clusters of red flowers interspersed with the trees in the local woods. I didn't know what they were, and had never really noticed them before. My niece told me they're maples, and they were native to the area. I'd seen redbuds, which are just now starting to bloom. They're the harbinger of Spring, and appear when the first of the buds appear on the oaks. If we don't receive another hard freeze, the woods will soon be full of the bright, early green leaves, which bring a sharp contrast to the azure skies that appear after a mild cold front. 

Spring is arriving, and in this area, this is one of the most pleasant times of year. Early mornings bring temperatures in the low fifties, and afternoons are usually breezy days with temperatures in the mid-seventies. I'll enjoy the days and mentally prepare for the hot, humid days of Summer. They're not far away. 

2 comments:

  1. I think we have one more cold snap here . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandfather would never plant a garden before Easter. He knew a late season cold snap could ruin the new plantings.

      Delete