In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

It's Not Real

When you think of how many huge companies are really only electronic bits, it's a little amazing how fragile these companies are. With a substantial loss of revenue, an unwillingness of people to use their sites, and a short period of time, the facade of wealth can disappear. When you add that these companies really don't have much, except servers, the tech people, and the buildings they need to run their service, investors don't have much of anything with value. A bankruptcy would probably yield very little for vendors, and investors would only have a memory of their investment at worst. Those selling before a total loss would still be hurt financially, and would be soured on future investments in something without any real value.

These are strange times. The illusion is more attractive than the real. The nuts and bolts required are dismissed, while the intangibles are sought.

No comments:

Post a Comment