In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Land of Opportunity

The South Africa current government made it legal to take the land of white landowners.  The landowners were offered ten percent of the farm's worth, but they refused. So, the government is taking it.

South Africa has resources, but at the start of this year, the economy was tumbling, which probably helped in this effort to nationalize the wealth of the nation for corrupt public use. After all, all governments think they're much better qualified to run what they don't understand, or lack in experience.

If I had to venture a guess about what's really happening in South Africa, I'd guess some really large players are attempting to control the important resources with the help of corrupt officials. With that help, resources can be harvested, taxes ignored, profits marginalized with cooked books, and everyone involved suffers all the way to the bank. The large players have more control of strategic resources, the government officials get to play god, and the citizens are led to believe all their misery is the blame of the racist people they think stole their land.

I don't see much good coming from all of this, and believe South Africa will suffer some serious problems over a long time.

1 comment:

  1. Downward spiral to hell. Then to Venezuela. Sad for the farmers who are getting steam rolled.

    ReplyDelete