In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Monday, August 27, 2018

Now That He Is Gone

John McCain passed away. Brain cancer took its toll and his fight ended. Regardless of how he was perceived, the main thing is that one Republican vote in the Senate is gone, and there's no guarantee the future will bring another. That's important. The battle to bring the U.S. back to a Constitutional Republic continues and every member in Congress is important.

I'm hoping this won't turn into weeks of around the clock coverage of McCain. That's always irritating and not important.

4 comments:

  1. Not to cut him down, but he should have left the Senate awhile back. I feel his judgement was clouded by his illness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He drew a Senator Salary for a long time, without doing anything. That was wrong.

      Delete
  2. He voted with his fellow Democrats more than with Republicans as far as I can remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. McCain could be petty, and open with his effort to continue the status quo prevalent in the Capitol. As a career politician, he disgraced his office with actions in violation of good ethics.

      Delete