In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Friday, December 24, 2021

Too Soon, but Not Forgotten

I was sitting on the porch this morning, and my thoughts were soon filled with Christmas. I've had a few, and no matter what, every Christmas has some moments of trepidation. That's from decades in the past, when family members suffered from various problems, and they carried into the Christmas season. It's a gut reaction, and to be truthful, a few Christmas days were not really worth remembering. 

Other than a sister, who I'm not close to, I'm nearly all that's left of my family.  Grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, some cousins, and three brothers are gone. Time took its toll, but sometimes time is much faster than anticipated, and the surprise of a loss takes a long time to find closure. It's what it is, and takes some remembering to go back through the chapters, and understand the entire story. The book goes on, and always, a new chapter is opened. 

If I really think long, and hard, I can probably think of maybe a dozen Christmas gifts I received over the years. Those I remember were really not fancy, or expensive, but had a value beyond what money can buy. That's the part of Christmas that is really not that important in the end. Things are things, but remembering a smile has no monetary value. That, the feeling of a warm home, with a good meal cooking, laughter, and family are the treasures to keep. They last forever, and are priceless. 

So, to everyone that comes to read, Merry Christmas, and may your blessings of family make you realize the real reason of celebrating can't be held, kept, or changed. It can only be shared with love, and that's what Christ is all about.

7 comments: