In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Monday, July 15, 2024

A Plethora of Screw-Ups

The attempted Trump assassination exposed many things, but more than anything else it exposed how the U.S. government is filled with screw-ups. The Secret Service looks like a group of bumbling trainees, which if my current assessment of most government entities is correct, that's exactly what Trump's detail was. When you add the fact the person that is running that show is woefully unqualified for the position, except for their vagina, I'm thinking many mid-size communities have a better security detail than Trump's on that day. It's how it is today. Government employees can't be trusted to be competent. They don't have to be. All they need for their job is either the correct skin color, or have the correct hardware between their legs. It's EEO madness, but it's definitely diverse, if you take out exceptionalism as an important part of employment.

For those in civil service that aren't as I've described, I mean you no disrespect. You know how it is, and I hope you don't lose your mind before you retire.

8 comments:

  1. OR....Deliberate malfeasance. It's quite possible that these "failures" were deliberate. In fact such "failures" may have been allowed at many previous Trump rally's in hopes someone would take advantage of one. We all know the FBI is totally corrupt. The Secret Service may well be just as corrupt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's ever proven, those involved need to be punished with the maximum allowed for treason.

      Delete
    2. The system is irredeemably broken and corrupted. The only "justice" any of these criminals will ever face will of necessity be of the vigilante type.

      Delete
    3. My hope is vigilantes will never be the justice. Mobs never do the right thing, and innocent people are injured in the process.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That's the same as orchestrating the actual act. Treason and the punishment mandated.

      Delete
  3. Truly, the lady SS hiding behind Trump needs the boot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looks like she doesn't know whether to crap, or go blind. In a way I feel sorry for her. She's been told she's qualified for her job and probably allowed lesser qualifications than required.

      Delete