In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Thursday, July 18, 2024

In My Opinion

 My years of experience tell me the assassination attempt was not the work of an organized group. My  experience tells me - and I've dealt with EEO/DEI policies for decades - the worst of civil servants end up at the top. Why do I think this? Because bureaucrats are so scared of losing their job, too many are woefully unqualified for their position, and expecting them to function at a high level of competence is unrealistic.  The worst are promoted, because they're too hard to fire. Incompetent officials hire friends, family, yes-men, and sycophants, instead of those qualified.

Those entrusted with protecting Trump were feckless as a group. Not only were there not enough agents for security, those in charge had no idea how they left too many gaps exposed for what was taken as an opportunity by a disturbed young man. With a better detail, the news reports would have only reported how a young man was caught attempting to sneak into the event with a rifle. 

If there is any single group to blame, then it is whoever promoted, and allowed, an unqualified individual the position of head of the Secret Service. That's a position that should be held by someone with years of law enforcement experience, some military experience, and a clear understanding politics are not acceptable to be practiced by those hired to protect important people. This administration failed, will fail again, and some people need to be fired.

2 comments:

  1. sadly she has 20 years experience, rising to assistant director of protective services, b4 she went to pepsi. i say sadly b/c you would think she learned something but alas tis not to be. i find it hard to believe they could be THAT incompetent. i therefor believe malice is involved. i agree with you otherwise, i was a civil servant myself. f'up to move up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen people in high positions dumber than a box of rocks. They're usually successors to incompetence from people that are in power due to EEO and DEI policies. Stupidity begats stupidity and ultimately, those in these positions are easily manipulated by those that find them useful. They surround themselves with the same type of people, and the stupidity becomes accepted.
      Malice may be involved, but with the Secret Service, there shouldn't be any way anybody can get to someone like Trump.

      Delete