In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Friday, September 20, 2013

Big Yellow Taxis to Daycare

This morning, I was running later than usual, and was forced to stop for school buses. That's irritating at best and makes me furious at worst.

I know some might be thinking I should calm down and enjoy the moment, which is probably good advice, but there's something about youngsters wasting my time, while ignoring courtesy, that gives me a case of the red-ass..

One  bus driver even had to honk at a group of older children that were flapping their jaws or typing texts on their phones. They didn't care and I'm sure they were annoyed the driver had the nerve to expect them to get on the bus as fast as possible.

I can't only fault the kids; teaching courtesy is a parent's responsibility. Of course, that would mean they were there to encourage, which wasn't possible; there wasn't even one parent there to see their child off to school.

3 comments:

  1. Here they stop literally at every drive, even if they are 20 feet apart.

    Don't wanna sound like those old stories, but there were several years we had to walk about 1/4 mile to join the bus stop with about 20 other kids.

    I don't know why they can't form some area bus stops in the compact neighborhoods instead of personal limousine service at each drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somebody would think they were the victim of discrimination.

      In elementary school, we rode bicycles to school, unless the weather was bad. Even then, the schools were local, so it wasn't a far drive.

      They mandated segregation the year I started junior high, which created a need for many school buses. Since then, it's become a necessity, because of the perceived need of busing children all over Hell's half acre to prevent segregation, which would be impossible in my home town. Diversity is found in every neighborhood and the school bus money would be better spent on something to do with quality education.

      Delete
    2. There was no bus service for the summer school classes which was the only way you could take driver's Ed. I had forgotten about riding my bike to school in the summer. Probably about 7 miles I'm guessing.

      Delete