In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, September 8, 2013

And Then What Happens?

There's a butt-load of public servants. You find them everywhere, doing things important, and doing things that irritate the people that generate the money for their pay.

There has to be a tipping point; a point where the burden of paying for public servants is more than society is willing to accept; a point where being a public servant is being part of a society that is not only despise who they are, they make efforts make the lives of public servants miserable.

I don't know about you, but reading where those that consume the taxes are getting more, while I'm expected to accept less is becoming a daily irritant. Besides those that are paid to do nothing, there are way too many that are paid to make my life more miserable.

So, what happens where the majority of people that produce develop my attitude? What will the public servants do? Get mean? Push harder? And, then what? What will they gain? After all, they don't produce anything and they will find the endeavor to complete their own producing as futile as that of the former Soviet Union.

You can't force people to accept servitude forever; especially in the United States. It's in our blood to not accept arrogance and entitlement from those that have no function, except to consume what we produce.

I hope there are not ugly times ahead, but when you see the number of firearm purchases, and the increasing effort to put the brakes on our runaway elected officials, the signs are ominous. Unlike other places in the world, U.S. citizens are armed, determined and not cowered by authority. In a society ruled by liberty, that's a good thing. In a society that has want-to-be tyrants expecting subservient drones to blindly follow their arbitrary whims, it's a disaster.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you went back and read Atlas Shrugged again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I've never read the book.

      Truthfully, I'm not much of a reader any longer. There was a time when I would stay up half the night with a book -even read the same book more than once - but not any longer. My attention span isn't what it used to be.

      Delete