In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sometimes Tough is Best

If you've read my blog for some time, you realize I have little faith in government of any kind. I don't trust politicians, bureaucrats and their supporters. They've been patently dishonest since the beginning of time and the best form of government is one with very little authority, complete subservience to the citizens and harsh penalties for those that break the rules.

This brings me to the topic of my post, which is determining the suitable punishment for some of the crappy politicians and bureaucrats in Washington. What would really get their attention? What would make them understand things can really go bad if they screw up? Jail? Nope. I have better ideas.

We need to be really, really harsh on these crooked politicians and bureaucrats. I think something like staking them out in the desert for a day or two should be the immediate punishment for wasting taxpayer money. I know that sounds harsh, but nothing else seems to get their attention. I guarantee that would get their attention. Screw the white collar crime penalties. Make them understand some poor bastard sweated blood to earn what they stole and pissed away. After that, the sky's the limit for punishment.

Would this work? Maybe, but one good result would be a hesitance of seeking political power or government employment. I think that's a good thing. We have too many people on the government payroll as it is and too many of the jobs are only for derelicts to shuffle paper around on a desk for eight hours each day. When even the tiniest waste of money can lead to a severe punishment, those jobs will be eliminated. After that, costs will go down, taxes will be lowered and taxpayers will be allowed keep substantially more of what they earned. They worked for it, not the government.

2 comments:

  1. Heh. Kim DuToit's solution was: "Tar. Feathers. Some assembly required."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh MEN. You should fit the punishment to the crime. Make them live in Detroit, Birmingham, or Gary Indiana.

    Tell them they can't have their body guards, or carry a gun, and that they'll have to go to the free clinic if they get sick...or shot.

    ReplyDelete