In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Thursday, August 31, 2017

After 42 Inches of Rain

I'll probably write more in the future, but right now I've been blessed with electricity once again, the water is way down, and the terrible feeling of seeing water were it never was before is over for now.

I lost power, had to rough it for a few days, but what I consider divine guidance led me to buy land in a place that doesn't flood, even with 42 inches of rain. Many in the area lost everything to water that rose in unbelievable amounts over the time when it was darker than most ever experienced, and they awoke to find they were wading in water rising rapidly.

After two major hurricanes, I can write this was the most devastating I ever experienced; and it was only a tropical storm.

It's still early in the relief process, and many are sheltered in places with resources dwindling rapidly. Tomorrow will bring more relief, and the long process of returning to normal will begin.


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got through with so little loss. Having your house trashed would be a really tough thing to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had inconveniences. Many in my area are pulling carpet, furniture, and belongings to the street to be hauled off. Others can't get to their homes, but know the depth was up to the eves.

      Delete
  2. Glad you and yours survived this epic disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting us know your condition.
    I'm still concerned for Ruth H from Rockport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen photos of Rockport. My experience with Rita, and Ike, leads me to believe the damage is great, but not the damage of a monstrous storm surge, which literally washes entire communities down to foundations.

      Cell towers will be down, so communication is limited, if at all. Within days, as more information is available, those we feared the worst for, will probably appear, and have a arduous story to tell.

      Delete