In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

It's the Evaporator Coil

Yesterday, in the process of checking out my truck ac, I put some dyed freon in the system. Today, I crawled under the truck, found oil on the frame, and after checking with the ultraviolet light, found it glowed bright green.

The dyed oil is from the system, and the reason it's on the undercarriage is that that's where the evaporator coil drain is right above that spot.

So, tomorrow the truck goes back into the shop that changed the evaporator coil over a year ago. Since it's such an odd event for the coil to fail, my contention is the coil was faulty, and they should repair it for free. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment