In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Aftermath

Years ago, hurricane Celia devastated Corpus Christi, and surrounding areas. Relatives of mine stayed, but lost their entire second story during the storm. It took months for them to regain any close semblance to the life they once enjoyed.

Such things leave lasting memories, new building regulations, officials with information won by a disaster, and people still alive with knowledge of how to cope. This is invaluable, and calmer minds deal with the event.

With so many newer structures built to better standards, avoidance of building in dangerous areas, and the knowledge of where it's safe to stay, or when to evacuate, the damage will be bad, but devastation will be isolated.

The media will not have much to place in the gristmill, so those interested will have to dig deep to find information.

No comments:

Post a Comment