In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

No Bueno

The local blood drive at a local high school led me to go with my wife to donate blood. That didn't go well. My wife's blood was slightly low on iron, and my cancer surgery prevents blood donations for months. It's been years since I donated, but I don't remember the limitations we found. Regardless, I won't be making special trips any longer. I think giving blood is a good thing, but gas is expensive, being turned away means it was a wasted trip, and once bitten, twice shy.

9 comments:

  1. Yeah, they upped the iron limits for women a few years ago, and now my wife can't give.
    I used to drop in when I could, but then found myself waiting for those with appointments. nope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surprised me. In the past, they'd check the type, make sure I wasn't just in some offshore shit hole, and ask if I was trading needles. They're much more picky, which is a good thing. I had a friend once that had to deal with Hepatitis after tainted blood during a surgey.

      Delete
    2. My mom died on the operating table after the blood she was receiving during surgery had hepatitis.
      At least she was declared dead.
      Had one of those "back from the dead" experiences.

      Delete
  2. I've not given since 2016. Might start again in a few months, if available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you haven't had the jab, your donation will probably be a better choice for someone that needs blood.

      Delete
    2. No. I even had a doctor tell me the only way they would was on their dead body.

      Delete
  3. I have AB negative blood.
    If I donate, I get calls from the blood bank from today, until the next millennium; usually at 2 am.
    I also dislike the interrogation involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like the blood takers have become obsessive with their efforts, if they want your blood.

      Delete