In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Waiting

Texas is in a line of storms preceding a cold front. Yesterday, the conditions favored tornadoes, and many were reported. Some damaged communities, and the videos are something to see. Overnight, the conditions continued, and more tornadoes appeared. This morning, the line is approaching my area, and looks gnarly on the radar. My hope is we only receive heavy rain, with winds that don't blow away homes. Many times, what looks like severe weather is only torrential rain. I hope this is one of those times.

We received a little over two inches of rain. What looked like severe storms was the radar signature from heavy downpours. 

I don't like this time of the year, when the Spring storms brew. You never know what they'll bring, but usually, there will be some storm damage.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with that. I grew up in northern texas north of lubbock, and suffered thru numerous tornadoes. They are nothing to mess with. Keep your weather radio turned on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My location rarely gets a tornado. Even if we do, the worst ever recorded in the area was an F2 and was a rare event. Still, we watch for them, and have hurricanes to deal with included.

      Delete