In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, May 5, 2024

Almost Over

I awoke this morning to thunder, and heavy rain. The forecasters were unsure last night how much rain we'd receive, but warned of a possible deluge....which we had. There was 3 1/2 inches of rain in my gauge, which brings my total to 13 inches since last Wednesday. The extra rain didn't change the current flood, and the receding water allowed me to drive out this afternoon.

 It's wet, and the ditches are full. The local creek is high, and from what is being reported, will gradually recede over the next few days. The afternoon storms forecasted didn't reach us, and it's looking like we won't have but passing showers for days. We need the drying, and if things are dry enough, mowing will be demanded. I'll get what I can, when I can, and if worst comes to worst, use the string trimmer in the areas too wet for the rider. 

2 comments:

  1. Cool-ish here today, windows open, birds singing. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been languishing under a blanket of high humidity since the rain. It never really clears up during the day, and it's cloudy at night. The heat isn't at Summer levels, but it's high enough to be uncomfortable with the high humidity.

      Delete