In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Thursday, May 2, 2024

Waiting To See

We have a local creek that influences the drainage of our road. Earlier in the week, it was high enough to cause water to go over the road by a few inches. It crested the day before yesterday, and was on the way down. That recession of water will now end. As of the last few hours, we've had over five inches of rain, and it's still falling. Now, we wait to see how high the water will be. The road is already flooded with the rain, and the creek will have to handle the drainage. I have a feeling staying home will be mandatory for a few days.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We ended up with 7 inches yesterday in about 8 hours. This morning, it's pouring again, and it sounds like about two inches per hour rainfall.

      Delete