In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Friday, May 3, 2024

Feast and Famine

Last year, we were starting what turned out to be a severe drought. Ponds were obviously feet lower than normal, and the danger of fire was a looming threat. That's now definitely over, and as of this morning, the flooding is similar to when tropical storm Imelda inundated the area. The rainfall is not nearly as heavy in our area, but it's been falling for days; and it's still raining. I dumped 7 inches out of the rain gauge yesterday, and from looking, we've had around 2 more inches in the last few hours.  The road in is impassable, and it will be too high to drive through for days. 

3 comments:

  1. With coffee and bourbon you should be well set. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coffee more than anything else. It's a grand experience to sit on the porch, watch the world go by, and enjoy a cup of coffee, until the mosquitoes chase me in.

      Delete
  2. What Jean said.
    And you have apparently become a man of my own heart.

    ReplyDelete