In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Monday, May 13, 2024

Inflation Rates and Other Bogus Statistics

From my point of view, statistics, reports, analysis, projections, and other references on inflation are bogus. I use the Walmart bag weight to dollars spent to determine such things. At this point, I've either gained a lot of strength, or my money is buying much less that is being reported by inflation statistics. I'd never notice a 3% to 4% difference in weight, which makes me think the actual difference is somewhere around 25%. To my fixed income, that's unacceptable, and somebody needs to have their ass whipped for this nonsense.  

6 comments:

  1. I gauge prices and inflation the same way, Jess.

    Yet Biden claims we "have the money," we just don't want to spend it.
    Source: https://transcripts.cnn.com/show/ebo/date/2024-05-08/segment/01

    They really think we're that stupid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inflation, like any tax, is thievery. Unlike outright robbery, it's burglary while the homeowner is asleep.

      Delete
  2. coffee went up 27% this month so they took it off the consumer price index list, just like gas. i follow the cost of rice, pasta, and beans, the bare basic building blocks. rice up 50%, beans up 75, pasta nearly 100. i started getting my second retirement, adding 75% to my income. inflation ate it all up and i'm back in the same spot as before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me, one of the most evil actions of the government is the inflation allowed to become rampant. To make it worse, those that are most complicit don't answer to taxpayers.

      Delete
  3. They're admitting today that it isn't even remotely contained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've lost control and the inevitable crises will happen.

      Delete