In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Rain!

Around 1:30 this afternoon, I noticed a cumulus cloud that looked like it might form a small thunderstorm and offer a little rain for relief from the drought. Since it was hotter than blue blazes, and the humidity was high, I figured there might be a small chance of some rain. I was wrong.

At 2:00 pm, I thought I heard thunder. In a few minutes there was no doubt I heard thunder. The cloud was developing into a thunderstorm, so I looked at the radar to see which direction it was heading. It wasn't really moving, but radar loops showed it was becoming larger.

At 2:15 the rain started. Not just the tease of some rain; real rain, which became heavier every minute. Eventually, the storm reached severe strength, so we had some pea sized hail and plenty of cloud to ground lightning. The heavy rain continued until around 3:00 and now it's just sprinkling.

Total for the last two hours is 1-1/2 inches and the radar shows there is the possiblity for more. It's about time and the cooler weather behind this rain will be welcome. I've had enough of Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment