In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Well, Did You See It?

A six ton satellite reentered earth's atmosphere somewhere over the Pacific Ocean during last night. I didn't see it, although I wasn't looking and would have probably missed it anyway.

From the reports I've read, it's possible people in Oregon saw it. So, if anyone did (only if your really did), leave a comment with your location, what direction your were facing and how many degrees it was above the horizon. (for a handy reference for degrees, your outstreched fist is about 10 degrees, otherwise, two fists high, about 20 degrees above the horizon.)

Why do I want to know? I'm curious.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry, can't quench your curiosity. Even if I hadn't forgotten, it was too cloudy in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched a report this evening with a clip from a helicopter. The clip isn't real clear, but it looks like a bolide. It might be the reentry, but maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't hear about that, Did it land?

    ReplyDelete
  4. From reading between the lines, the satellite reentered the atmosphere off the Northwest Coast of the United States early Saturday morning. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the debris made it to land, but the government will never say anything about this. They learned from the shuttle disaster that you don't want want to say too much, unless you have to.

    ReplyDelete