In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Some Thoughts About Blogging

I like blogging. It's an escape, and an opportunity to document some of the things that bounce around in my head. It satisfies the compelling urge to write , which for some reason, appeared a few years ago. I never had the urge before, but I'm glad it appeared. Maybe my life won't disappear forever like most of my ancestors.

Blogging is humbling and would be lonely without the people that stop in and have a look. So, thank you for spending a little of your time reading. I'm honored and hope my writings can lure your return to look again.

5 comments:

  1. I'm here. And I get it. Blogging can be a lonely world. After thousands, no tens of thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of words over the past 4 or 5 years I still get all excited about a single comment. It is a lonely world indeed.

    Keep writing..If for no other reason than to look back on what you wrote when you're old and gray.

    I think of my 82 year old Dad... how cool would it be to have a hundred thousand word volume of all of his thoughts and opinions from when he was 30? Very cool. So do it, if for nobody but yourself. (But also for me - I'm out here and I read it.)

    I'll add you to my blogroll...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have bits and pieces of my father's history. One thing that always sticks in my mind is his time in occupied Japan after the second world war. I don't remember if he had photos of Nagasaki, or Hiroshima, but I remember looking at them when I was a child. Since he's passed away, I'll never have the opportunity to ask him to relate the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as you keep post, I'll keep coming by to read what you have to share. I don't always comment (bad on me) but I'll try to do better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm terrible about reading other blogs. Actually I'm terrible about blogging, in general. I give up all the time. Here today, then gone. Then I'm back. Very flaky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm a little pleased you decided to take a look. It's nice to have a few readers, even if they only stop by to tell me they probably won't have time to read.;)

    ReplyDelete