In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Friday, September 7, 2012

Dealing With Traffic

This week involved a lot of traffic control. Since we were adding a turning lane on a really tight intersection, there were no extra lanes, or a detour for the traffic. This meant we had to flag the traffic during certain times.

If you've never dealt with traffic, you have no idea that the fumes from the interiors of automobiles immobilize the critical brain cells required for a person to drive. Otherwise, anyone driving is - more than likely - almost incapacitated and only able to operate at a mental level right above that of a garden vegetable. Regardless of intellect, ability, place in life, professional experience, family values, astute wisdom or any other redeeming quality that allows a person to stand out in society, when they drive, they're about as dumb as a box of rocks.

So, most drivers are woefully ignorant of how much of a danger they present to society and highway workers. My suggestion for these people is to stay home, watch Dr. Phil and never, ever attempt to drive again.

One other thing: For the driver that pulled behind the construction equipment, quietly waited and texted, while never realizing you were not in a traffic lane and might still be waiting, if I hadn't pointed out this obvious fact...you get the award as dumbass of the year. Congratulations. You've joined the ranks of the drunk that knocked down all the traffic cones and the woman that flashed her floppy boobs, while her boyfriend wasn't paying attention.

1 comment:

  1. This was great.
    Thanks for posting it.
    I may steal it, but I'll try to attribute it.
    Just don't have a place to use it right now.
    Well maybe Facebook.

    ReplyDelete