In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Thirteenth Amendment

Amendment Thirteen:

1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction. 

2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

I don't know about you, but I find the wording of this amendment as clear and concise. There is no doubt in my mind that forcing someone to work without their consent is illegal. Also, I have no doubt that much of my adult life has been in involuntary servitude. With welfare payments, housing subsidies, food stamps, government employee perks and the new specter of Obamacare, substantial amounts of my time were, and will be as a servant to the cruel, unconstitutional mandates of a government out of control. 

Where does this all end? Where is the tipping point when those that truly want their liberty decide they will not contribute any longer? Will there be civil disobedience? Revolution? When does the Supreme Court rule correctly on a simple case that asks for relief from the burdens of a parasitic government? When does Congress enforce this mandate with legislation that nullifies the laws that contribute to involuntary servitude?

I know my questions are rhetorical, since most people wouldn't know a constitutional amendment if it bit them on the ass. They wallow in their ignorance and never realize they've given their soul to the evil, corrupt Federal Government that is destroying the United States. 

Things will change, since they always do. Hopefully, what little I wrote will influence a few minds and they'll make an effort to reverse the destructive path of the government of the United States. If not, the legacy of my generation will reflect a willingness to be accomplices in the destruction of a nation that was created by those willing to face death for their belief that liberty is more important than politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment