In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Friday, October 12, 2018

Getting Googled

Early in the week, I was receiving an unnatural amount of hits from Google. I was trying to determine what created the visits, but without any results. Whatever the reason, it was a little unnerving. Such things create a feeling of apprehension, since it made me wonder if the Google Mafia was in the process of electronically breaking my leg. That, and creating the hope of it becoming an ordinary occurrence. If that happened, I could monetize my blog, retire to the mountains, and throw empty beer cans at pesky squirrels.

5 comments:

  1. Or go to the Dr and get a virus shot....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to go for my annual flu vaccination. While some relatives, and friends, say that's unnecessary, or maybe dangerous, I don't care. I've had a really, really bad case of Influenza before. I was young then, and now I'm not.

      Delete
    2. Last time I got the flu full-blown (more than 20 years ago now because I get the vaccine now) I was sick for six weeks and wound up on an inhaler. You can bet your sweet bippy I get the vaccine now.

      It doesn't always PERFECTLY prevent the flu (they have to gamble on what strains go in the shot), but if you do get sick, you're a lot less sick. (I think I got the rogue flu that wasn't in the shot last year, but it was more like a bad cold than "OMG I AM GOING TO DIE")

      Delete
  2. does the Stats button in your Design page lend any hints for what posts are receiving the hits? I always find it interesting on what gets occasional attention and it is rarely one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's mostly current posts, but some from 2013 were being perused. I think it's obscure words causing the hits.

      Delete