In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Monday, November 26, 2012

Advice For Those With Aging Family Members

The tax increases in the near future will affect the elderly much more severely than most know. Increases in taxes from investment income will place a dent in their income. While this may seem like only a worry for the rich, you're wrong. With the terrible rates offered by CD's, many people moved their savings into other investments. When you add the lackluster performance of the stock market, inflation, increased prices and increasing medical costs, those that live on fixed income are facing some rough times.

I know the young have very little idea of what this means. My advice is they do some research, ask their older relatives for suggestions and make strong efforts to change the way the elderly are treated. Sooner or later, they'll be older and will feel the pains of surviving on limited resources with diminishing abilities. How they shape the future will be determined by their involvement with the older population at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment