In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

When Things Don't Work

I've dealt with public employees and bureaucracy during my life. In general, my perception is of feckless organizations that exist because most people don't spend the time to analyze how their tax dollars or spent or even question why their money is being taken for what is obviously substandard work and organization.

Most of the time, the problems associated with inefficiency, waste and corruption are perceived as byproducts of a system that doesn't have the resources to compete with the private sector's lure of better money and benefits. Maybe so, in the past, but that's not how it is any longer. The public sector is paying at the level of the private sector, even better at some levels, yet the problems are worse.

So, I'll end this post with some questions: With all the obvious problems with bureaucracy and inefficiency, do you  think they do any better with handling election results and counting votes? With the possibility of election results changing the nature of public functions, do you think public employees would either be sloppy with their task of counting votes, or deliberately mismanage their position for personal gain? Do you think many in the media would intentionally fail to investigate corruption to continue an agenda?

Think about the questions, answer truthfully and then decide what you think should happen to change things you don't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment