In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Friday, November 2, 2012

This Won't Get Your Electricity Restored

In Bridgeport, Connecticut, utility workers pulled out, after being abused by residents and even pelted with eggs.  The mayor, who made a public statement accusing the provider of taking care of wealthy customers first, will now have to provide police protection for the workers, or they won't come back.

Now, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but it seems to me it's somewhat counterproductive to chase off the crews that were in YOUR town and working on YOUR electrical service. Then again, I've don't know anything about Bridgeport and the citizens might have come down with a bad case of the dumbass.

2 comments:

  1. They should leave the restoration of the local grid to the citizens. Maybe they can use the grid in the seedier parts of Mexico City as an example when they rebuild it themselves. Ingrates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was amazed by the story. After Rita, and Ike, line crews were treated to iced tea, coffee, free meals and free help. They're a hard working bunch of good folks doing a dangerous job.

    ReplyDelete