In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Earthquake Scientists Get Six Years

The story is all over the internet about Italian scientists convicted of manslaughter for failing to predict a deadly earthquake. The general consensus is that the verdict is ridiculous, which is may be, but without all the information, I'm not going to agree.

We've had scientists warning of terrible destruction and hardship due to anthropogenic global warming. The costs due to this warning and the hardships due to new regulations are tremendous, yet the newest data suggest the earth hasn't warmed any in the last 16 years.

So, I have no idea what the scientist proclaimed or guaranteed, so their sentence may fit for fraud or misuse of public funds. Time will tell, but with the AGW proclamations, many scientists have joined the ranks of snake oil salesmen and their preying on the ignorance of the general public is unconscionable. Personally, there are a few I think should be discredited and not allowed any public funds for their salaries or research.

2 comments:

  1. I see no big difference between his actions and crying "fire" in a crowded theater.

    Jail? Probably not. I'd rather see him forced to live in the Arctic and live off the land.

    ReplyDelete