In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Irony is Strong

The First Lady, in a speech, said that "every single child in this country is worthy" after talking of the importance of birth control.

I wonder if she knows it's hard to have a worthy child if you abort them before they're born? (I'm being facetious. Of course she knows. She also knows she can't raise any money, unless she says ridiculous things to her fellow democrats.)

3 comments:

  1. Only the worthiest of the worthies are born. The unworthies are summarily aborted. That's how we can tell that the worthy ones deserve everything.

    See? It's pretty easy, when you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's horrifying to think how many abortions are performed each year. Our society has no demands for personal responsibility and fails in the most important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abortion is a sad reality, and no one rarely makes the decision light-heartedly. However, you are correct when you say it is a "personal responsibility". The government should not be involved in making decisions over a woman's body and reproductive system. A woman and her family need to make those decisions on their own. And we, as a society, need to put more money and resources into education, into making sure our youth are not living desperate lives where they get caught up in desperate situations and then need to make desperate decisions like...abortion.

    ReplyDelete