In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Every Year is Different

This summer is ending with rain. The fronts that usually push through are slowly approaching, stalling, and we receive rain. This is second period this year, and I woke to steady rain, with occasional heavy showers. The sky is heavy with dark gray clouds, and there's no sign of any breaks to come.

It's now officially Fall. The season is my favorite, and instead of bringing the dread of a brutal Winter, it signifies relief from the months of brutal heat. It's definitely cooler, but we're still having morning lows in the 70's and forecasts with temperatures in the upper 80's and low 90's.

So far, we've had no threat of a tropical system, and the window is closing for that possibility. That leads to the relief of knowing another hurricane season passed without incident. We've had too many over the last decade, and even the most pessimistic now avoid using the phrase: "We're overdue for a hurricane". That's a good thing, I can't fathom how anyone would even think of a hurricane as something you are expected to receive. Sure, they can happen, but my optimism keeps me from anticipating the dread that some seem to want to embrace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment