In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Something to Consider

I evacuated from hurricane Rita. I evacuated over two hundred miles inland, only to have the remnants follow. Areas near my location were hit with torrential rains, high winds, and many thinking they'd left the danger of the landfall found they were in dangerous places. I know of people that were trapped by downed trees, even though they went to a place the past showed as a good evacuation area.

If I had to caution anyone about evacuating, I'd caution them to be certain about their evacuation location. Find out where flood areas are, stay away from trees that might drop limbs, and have a contingency plan for emergency supplies in the event your evacuation location loses power. There's no guarantee you've reached a safe place, and being prepared can prevent a lot of problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment